Marking the 30th anniversary of the beginning of the infamous 51-day standoff at Mt. Carmel in Waco, Texas, SHOWTIME announced today the official trailer for WACO: THE AFTERMATH. The five episodes will debut on streaming and on demand for all SHOWTIME subscribers on Friday, April 14, before making their on-air debut on Sunday, April 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. To watch and share the trailer, visit:
Additional cast starring in WACO: THE AFTERMATH include:
• Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) will reprise his role as Mitch Decker, Noesner’s colleague in the FBI who managed the situation at Waco leading up to the tragic siege
• Annika Marks (WACO) will reprise her role as Kathy Schroeder, one of the surviving Branch Davidians who was also called upon to testify
• Michael Vincent Berry (Better Call Saul) will play George Roden, one of the early leaders of the Davidian sect
• Alex Breaux (See) will play Timothy McVeigh, notorious domestic terrorist
• Michael Cassidy (The O.C.) will play Bill Johnston, the lead prosecutor in the trial of the Branch Davidians
• Gary Cole (Veep) will play Gordon Novel, an intense, private investigator
• Nicholas Kolev (NCIS: Los Angeles) will play Paul Fatta, another one of the Davidians on trial after the Waco siege
• Michael Luwoye (Emancipation) will play Livingstone Fagan, an extremely bright biblical scholar and one of the surviving Branch Davidians on trial
• Kieran Mulcare (Jessica Jones) plays Terry Nichols, a friend and co-conspirator of Timothy McVeigh. Nichols is considered an American domestic terrorist who was convicted of being an accomplice in the Oklahoma City bombing.
• Kali Rocha (Liv and Maddie) will play Ruth Riddle, one of the Branch Davidian survivors facing trial and the possibility of life in jail
• Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live) will play Angie Graham, a smart, experienced ATF agent
Previously announced cast includes Oscar(R) nominee Michael Shannon (GEORGE & TAMMY), Emmy(R) and Tony winner John Leguizamo (When They See Us) who received an Emmy Award for this role, Emmy nominee Giovanni Ribisi (The Offer), David Costabile (BILLIONS(R)), J. Smith Cameron (Succession), John Hoogenakker (Dopesick), Keean Johnson (Euphoria), and Abbey Lee (Lovecraft Country).
WACO: THE AFTERMATH focuses on the fallout of the Waco disaster: the trials of the surviving members of the Branch Davidian sect and the rise of homegrown terrorist, Timothy McVeigh. The five-episode limited series also provides a broader context for the escalation of the American militia movement, which foreshadows the infamous attacks of the Oklahoma City bombing and the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6.
Returning creators and showrunners Drew Dowdle and John Erick Dowdle direct all five episodes and executive produce the limited series alongside Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, Andrew Gettens and Lauren Mackenzie. Also serving as executive producers are David C. Glasser, David Hutkin, Bob Yari and Ron Burkle of 101 Studios, as well as Gary Barber of Spyglass.