KSWB-TV’s Fox 5 Morning News is the top local morning news for 9-consecutive Nielsen Ratings Books from 6-7am (M-F) local morning news with Adults 25-54 & Adults 18-49 in the May 2018 Nielsen sweeps period.
- Fox 5 Morning News is #1 from 6-7AM (M-F) for 9-consecutive Nielsen Ratings Books with Adults 25-54 & Adults 18-49, finishing May’18 with a 1.0 RTG with Adults 25-54 and a 0.9 RTG with Adults 18-49. Further, Fox 5 Morning News at 6AM grows year-to-year with Adults 25-54 (+25%) & Adults 18-49 (+29%).
- Elsewhere in the morning, Fox 5 News is also #1 from 5-6AM (M-F) for 9-consecutive Nielsen Ratings Books with Adults 18-49, delivering a 0.5 RTG in May’18 and growing +150% year-to-year.
- Also, from 7-9AM (M-F), Fox 5 Morning News is #1 with Adults 25-54 & Adults 18-49 for 2-consecutive May Sweeps, finishing May’18 with a 1.0 RTG with Adults 25-54 and a 0.7 RTG with Adults 18-49.
- At night, Fox 5 News is the #1 news at 10PM (M-F) for 4-consecutive May Sweeps. In May’18, Fox 5 News at 10PM posted a 0.9 RTG with Adults 25-54 and a 0.7 RTG with Adults 18-49.
- Then at 11PM (M-F), Fox 5 launched its half-hour late news extension in the May’18 Sweep. Going up against established 11PM newscasts with a Network Prime lead-in, Fox 5 News is a solid #3 with Adults 25-54 (0.5 RTG) and Adults 18-49 (0.4 RTG).
“Our mission to inform & serve the community while connecting to our constituents on-air and through social media is validated in the recently concluded May ratings. I am so proud of the entire Fox 5 team and extremely thankful for all of our dedicated viewers embracing Fox 5. Thank you San Diego!” said Fox 5 President/General Manager Scott Heath.
Fox 5 VP/News Director Rich Goldner added; “Content remains king and Fox 5 Morning News continues to grow with engaging anchors and reporters delivering news to viewers and users on all platforms.”