KTLA 5 continued to grow its viewership in the recently-completed May sweeps period.
KTLA News finished with a first-place local news rank in in key demos including A18-49 and A25-54 for AM News, Daytime News, 10PM News, and Sports Final.
Digitally, according to Comscore, KTLA.com has ranked top since Nov ’17 compared to other Los Angeles broadcast sites with Unique Visitors. KTLA’com’s May ’18 social media presence is top in the market with 5.5 million total followers including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram users.
Don Corsini, President and General Manager of KTLA 5 said; “KTLA5 is Southern California’s number 1 source for local news coverage and the May sweep is a continuation of KTLA’s record breaking ratings success.
“KTLA5 News’ viewership leads in mornings, daytime, and in prime time.”
Jason Ball, Vice President and News Director at KTLA 5 added; “KTLA’s news teams are dedicated to bringing viewers the highest quality coverage, we are grateful to the viewers of Los Angeles who continue to turn to KTLA to get news and information, and we appreciate their loyalty.”
KTLA 5 Weekday Morning News
- Watched by more viewers than any other local weekday news block, ranking top in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54
- 5-6a: Highly watched at 5a. KTLA ranked #1 with A18-49 (0.5) and A25-54 (0.6).
- 6-7a: KTLA is the most watched 6-7a newscast in L.A.KTLA won its 4TH consecutive May sweep with A18-49 (0.9) and A25-54. (1.0)
- 7-9a: KTLA is the most watched 7-9a newscast in L.A.KTLA won its 6TH consecutive May sweep with A18-49 (1.1) and A25-54 (1.2).
- 9-10a: KTLA is the most watched 9-10a newscast in L.A.KTLA won its 5TH consecutive May sweep with A18-49 (0.6) and A25-54. (0.7)
KTLA 5 Weekend Morning News
- KTLA weekend morning news block (6-10a) ranks #1 in Households, Total Persons, A18-49, and A25-54.
- KTLA’s morning weekend news rotation increased+10% in households and +13% Total Persons over May ’17.
- From 7-11a, KTLA’s weekend newscasts hold the #1 local news rank with A18-49 and A25-54.
- KTLA’s newest weekend am hour, News at 10a Saturday and Sunday, earned impressive gains in its first May sweep performance with an average Total Persons viewership of 166,000, +134% over May ’17.
KTLA 5 Daytime News
- KTLA’s 10a, 1p, and 3p daytime newscasts all ranked #1 in their respective time periods with A18-49 and A25-54.
- KTLA’s newest daytime newscast, News at 11a, garnered noteworthy gains, increasing +100% with A18-49 (0.4) and +33% with A25-54 (0.4) compared to KTLA’s May ’17 11a time period.
- Early Evening News
- KTLA’s 6-7pm hour consistently tops veteran affiliate KCBS’ 6-7p news hour, and remains competitive with other weekday 4-6p local news hours in key demos.
KTLA 5 Primetime & Late News
- 10-11p: News at Ten ranked #1with Households and Persons 2+ to claim the Highest 10p Viewership (104,000 Households/Persons 2+ 135,000)
- Both KTLA’s News at 10pand Sports Final generated #1 ranks with Households, Persons 2+, A18-49, and A25-54 compared to other local newscasts.
- 11-11:30p: KTLA News at 11pstood out among declining affiliate competition. Monday thru Sunday, KTLA News at 11p grew +33% with A18-49 (0.4) and tied for the #3 rank with A25-54 (0.5).