TODAY Tops GMA in A25-54 for 3 Consecutive Weeks
TODAY Post Largest A25-54 Demo Lead Over GMA in 10 Weeks and 10-Week High in Total Viewers
TODAY Narrows Total Viewer Gap with GMA Week Over Week
TODAY Is #1 in Key Demo Season to Date for 8th Straight Year
NEW YORK – September 6, 2023 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54, marking its third consecutive week winning the key demo and posting its biggest demo win in 10 weeks.
Last week, TODAY posted a 10-week high in total viewers and narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA versus the prior week.
Season to date, TODAY is the top-rated morning show in the key demo A25-54 for eight years straight and number-one in A18-49 for the 30th consecutive year.
Note: TODAY and GMA are based on 4-day averages (Mon-Thu) while CBS Mornings is based on a 3-day average (Mon-Tue, Thu).
- TODAY ranked #1 in A25-54 for the third consecutive week, posts biggest demo win over GMA in 10 weeks
- TODAY posts biggest Monday morning demo win vs. GMA in over three months
- Versus prior week, TODAY increased its A25-54 advantage over GMA by 33%
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the fourth consecutive week and 20th time in the last 22 weeks
- TODAY’s total viewership rose for the third week in a row, hitting a 10-week high (since 6/19/2023)
- TODAY posted its best total viewer gap vs. GMA in 7 weeks (since 7/10/2023)
- Season-to-date through Week 50, TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 for the 8th consecutive year and #1 in A18-49 for the 30thyear in a row
TODAY averaged 633,000 A25-54 viewers, beating GMA by +44,000 (+7%) and leading CBS by +150,000 (+31%)
- TODAY has been the #1 morning show in A25-54 for three consecutive weeks and ranked ahead of CBS for 1,620 straight weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- TODAY’s demo advantage over ABC is the largest seen in 10 weeks (since 6/19/23)
- TODAY won all four mornings of rated competition and posted its biggest Monday morning victory over GMA in three months (since Monday 5/22/2023)
- Week-over-week, TODAY improved its A25-54 viewership advantage vs. GMA by 33% (+44,000 vs. +33,000 prior week).
TODAY averaged 459,000 A18-49 viewers, beating GMA by +80,000 (+21%) and leading CBS by +137,000 (+42%)
- TODAY ranked #1 in A18-49 for the 20th time in the last 22 weeks and beaten CBS for 1,620 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
TODAY averaged 2.690 million total viewers, leading CBS by +335,000 (+14%)
- TODAY has beaten CBS for 1,620 consecutive weeks (since 8/10/1992)
- Total viewership for TODAY reached a 10-week high (best since 6/19/23) while its gap with ABC is the most narrow seen in 7 weeks (since 7/10/23)
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its total viewership by +19,000 (+1%) and reduced its gap vs. GMA by 3% (-294,000 vs. -302,000 prior week)
TODAY Digital reached 11.1M unique visitors last week.
- The brand drove 24M video views across on and off net platforms
2022-23 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/19/2022-9/3/2023)
TODAY ranks #1 in A25-54 at this point of the season for the 8th consecutive year and in A18-49 for the 30th consecutive year