NBC Sports Chicago posted significant year-over-year audience increases for its White Sox game telecasts in both traditional television viewership and live streaming consumption, along with across-the-board increases for its White Sox digital/audio content offerings.
NBC Sports Chicago’s 2020 White Sox television ratings finished with a 1.78 Chicago market Household (HH) average, which is the highest White Sox average on record (back to 2012) and up 89% compared to last season’s final average. In addition, game telecasts also delivered triple-digit growth in all key demographics, including Adults 18-34 (up 208%), Adults 18-49 (up 218%) and Adults 25-54 (up 163%). Source for all television ratings information is provided by Nielsen Media Research.
On digital, White Sox live streaming on NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app posted year-over-year audience increases with the 2020 MLB season being the most-streamed season ever for the White Sox with average “Uniques” per game up 274% and average “Minutes Per Game” up 379%. NOTE: Live streaming/digital data provided by Adobe Analytics.
On audio, the “White Sox Talk” Podcast presented by Wintrust continues to flourish in 2020 with year-over-year download growth up 68% and 2020 downloads to date already surpassing 2019’s year-end totals. NOTE: Research data provided by Art19.
AL Wild Card Series Coverage
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
• 1:30 PM – White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Village of Bedford Park – Hosted by Chuck Garfien, featuring analysts Ozzie Guillen and Frank Thomas, this AL Wild Card Series preview edition of White Sox Pregame Live will break down Game 1 in detail with pitching match-up analysis, position-by-position comparisons, along with player/manager interviews and more.
• 5:00 PM (time approx.) – Subaru White Sox Postgame Live – An expanded edition of Subaru White Sox Postgame Live, hosted by Garfien/Guillen/Thomas, will feature White Sox manager Rick Renteria’s postgame press conference and player interviews, a complete breakdown of the Game 1 from the network studio’s demo area, a preview of Game 2 and more.
• 6:00 PM (time approx.) – Baseball Night in Chicago presented by Jet’s Pizza – Hosted by Pat Boyle, along with analysis from NBC Sports Chicago’s roster of MLB experts, Baseball Night in Chicago will provide fans with a complete White Sox Game 1 recap, a look ahead to Game 2, along with a detailed preview of the Cubs NL Wild Card Series against the Miami Marlins. BNIC will re-air later this night at 10:00 PM.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
• 1:30 PM – White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Village of Bedford Park – This edition of White Sox Pregame Live will break down and preview Game 2 of the AL Wild Card Series featuring a thorough Game 1 recap, Game 2 pitching match-up and position player analysis, along with player/manager interviews and more.
• 5:00 PM (time approx.) – Subaru White Sox Postgame Live – An expanded edition of White Sox Postgame Live will deliver a complete Game 2 breakdown, along with postgame manager/player interviews, a look ahead to Game 3 (if nec.) and much more.
• 6:00 PM (time approx.) – Baseball Night in Chicago presented by Jet’s Pizza – Hosted by David Kaplan with featured analysis from NBC Sports Chicago’s roster of baseball experts, this edition of Baseball Night in Chicago will provide a complete ALWC Game 2 White Sox game recap, an NLWC Game 1 Cubs recap, along with game recaps/previews for other MLB Postseason Wild Card match-ups. BNIC will re-air later this night at 10:00 PM.