NBC Sports’ presentation of the 2020-21 Premier League season was its most extensive and comprehensive ever – featuring 340 match windows and 914 hours of live match coverage.
The broadcasts included studio coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal and Peacock, and both of those figures are the largest for a Premier League season ever in the U.S.
For the eighth consecutive year, all 10 Premier League matches on the season’s final Sunday were presented live, simultaneously (11 a.m.-1 p.m. ET) across the platforms of NBCUniversal, highlighted by games that determined a pair of Champions League berths.
In addition, NBC once again broadcast a 90-minute “Championship Sunday” post-match show, highlighted by champions Manchester City lifting the trophy, interviews, and final thoughts and analysis on the 2020-21 season.
The five Championship Sunday matches on television registered a combined Total Audience Delivery of 1.4 million viewers (does not include the 10 matches streamed on Peacock).
Premier League matches on NBC, featuring Sunday’s Liverpool-Crystal Palace match on Sunday in which the Reds secured a Champions League berth, averaged a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of 879,000 viewers this season – up 2% from last season.
In addition, eight NBC and NBCSN matches averaged a TAD of at least 1 million viewers – tying for the most audiences of 1 million in five years, since the 2015-16 season.
Top Premier League Coverage Facts
• Since kicking off its Premier League coverage in August 2013, NBC Sports has presented 28 of the 30 most-watched live Premier League matches ever in the U.S. across all platforms.
• NBC’s 12:30 p.m. ET Arsenal-Chelsea match was the most-watched Boxing Day match ever with a TAD of 1.2 million viewers.
• NBCSN registered a Total Audience Delivery average of 1.06 million viewers for the Feb. 7 Liverpool-Manchester City match – ranking as the second-most watched Premier League cable match ever in U.S. TV history (Manchester Derby, 1.16 million viewers on Apr. 12, 2015 on NBCSN).
• In 2021, NBCSN delivered the two most-watched February cable matches in the history of the Premier League on U.S. TV: Liverpool-Manchester City on Feb. 7 (1.06 million viewers) and Chelsea-Manchester United on Feb. 28 (828,000 viewers).
• The Dec. 12, 2020 Manchester Derby posted a Total Audience Delivery average of 1.2 million viewers across NBC, Telemundo and NBC Sports Digital, ranking as the second-most watched fall Manchester Derby on record in the U.S.
• The seven most-engaged posts (and eight of the top 10) in @NBCSportsSoccer Instagram history came during the 2020-21 season.
• The 2 Robbies and Premier League on NBC podcasts delivered a season-record 127 episodes and had a 21% increase in downloads from last season.
• The free-to-play game Premier League Pick ‘Em continued to help grow the NBC Sports Predictor app userbase to more than 1.7 million fans, who have made over 27 million contest entries since the platform’s launch in December 2018.