Prime Video is giving fans a glimpse into the highly anticipated second season of the Amazon Original series – The Wheel of Time. A new set of character posters have been released today that give new details and an up-close look at many of the beloved returning characters, as well as some intriguing newcomers. The series is based on Robert Jordan’s best-selling novels, which make up one of the most popular and enduring fantasy book series of all time, with over 90 million copies sold.
@TheWheelOfTime socials have teased out the posters one by one, every 30 minutes, across global Prime Video Twitter handles to excite fans. The teases included clues that the fans needed to unlock, and upon providing the correct answer, each character poster was individually revealed by @TheWheelOfTime account.
The posters are the latest iteration of #WOTWednesdays, which also included last week’s exciting look into the creation of the series’ menacing Trollocs, and the reveal of the Season Two cold open the week before, and give fans another taste of what to expect this season, teasing potential easter eggs in the character pairings and costumes, and spotlighting the power and magic so central to this season’s battles between light and shadow.
The posters feature the following pairs:
• The heart of the series, Moiraine Damodred (Rosamund Pike), and her Warder, Lan Mandragoran (Daniel Henney), who, after her loss of magical abilities, will both struggle to adjust to their new relationship.
• The Dragon Reborn, Rand al’Thor (Josha Stradowski), who is now trying to survive independently to protect his friends after last season’s face-off against the Dark One, and Selene (Natasha O’Keeffe), an innkeeper from Cairhien, with whom he has made a connection.
• Nynaeve al’Meara (Zoë Robins), the strong-willed Wisdom from Two Rivers, and ruthless Liandrin Guirale (Kate Fleetwood), an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah.
• Aes Sedai-in-training Egwene al’Vere (Madeleine Madden) and her White Tower classmate, new character Elayne Trakand (Ceara Coveney), the daughter heir of Andor, who is beginning her magical journey.
• Perrin Aybara (Marcus Rutherford), who this season will struggle with his identity outside of Two Rivers, and newcomer Aviendha (Ayoola Smart), a Maiden of the Spear from Aiel.
• Mat Cauthon (Donal Finn), who will endure a journey of self-discovery this season, and bartender Min Farshaw (Kae Alexander), who has the extraordinary ability to see glimpses of the Pattern that show her the future.
• Ishamael (Fares Fares), one of the Forsaken and the human embodiment of the Dark One’s evil, and, new for season two, High Lady Suroth (Karima McAdams), an imposing Seanchan noblewoman from a distant land.
Season Two of The Wheel of Time will premiere exclusively on Prime Video, with the first three new episodes debuting on September 1. The second season was filmed in the Czech Republic, Morocco, and Italy, and stars Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl, I Care a Lot) as Moiraine Damodred, Daniel Henney (Criminal Minds) as Lan Mandragoran, Josha Stradowski (Gran Turismo) as Rand al’Thor, Zoë Robins (Power Rangers Ninja Steel) as Nynaeve al’Meara, Madeleine Madden (Dora and the Lost City of Gold) as Egwene al’Vere, Marcus Rutherford (Obey) as Perrin Aybara, Dónal Finn (Rogue Heroes) as Mat Cauthon, and Ceara Coveney (Young Wallander) as Elayne Trakand.