• Film Made its World Premiere At the 2024 Sundance Film Festival in the World Cinema Documentary Competition
• Director: Benjamin Ree (The Painter and the Thief)
• Producers: Ingvil Giske for Medieoperatørene in co-production with Norway’s VGTV
• Logline: Mats Steen, a Norwegian gamer, died of a degenerative muscular disease at the age of 25. His parents mourned what they thought had been a lonely and isolated life, when they started receiving messages from online friends around the world.
• Quote from Benjamin Ree: “Many of my favorite documentary films and series of all time have been distributed by Netflix. It’s a huge honor that Ibelin will now be on Netflix and Mats Steen’s story will be available to so many millions of people across the world. I couldn’t be more excited.”
• Benjamin Ree headshot and film still