According to Comscore, 161 million U.S. unique visitors came to CNN’s digital properties in July 2020. Globally, June 2020 registered 214 million unique visitors to CNN Digital properties – an increase of more than 51 million users from one year ago, according to Comscore (June 2020 data is the most current available for global traffic).
CNN once again retained its position as the top digital news source this summer, a ranking its held for more than 4 consecutive years for U.S. unique visitors. It has also held the position for more than 5 years for video and more than one year for global unique visitors.
It held the top position in July 2020 in the key categories of global news, U.S. unique visitors, mobile news, multi-platform video, and millennial users (June 2020 data is the most current available for both global traffic and multi-platform video rankings).
Global Digital News
CNN reached more global users than any other news platform in the world in June 2020, with 214 million unique multi-platform users (June 2020 data is the most current available).
- CNN.com – 214 Million Multi-platform Unique Visitors in June 2020
- BBC – 173 million unique visitors
- Yahoo News – 160 million unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 148 million unique visitors
- Dailymail.co.uk – 143 million unique visitors
- The Guardian – 124 million unique visitors
Source: Comscore MMX® Multi-Platform, Custom-Defined List, Total Digital Audience, June 2020, Worldwide Rollup. Based on CNN.com entity compared to a custom list of single brand, English-language, global competitors in the News/Information Category, including The United States, Canada, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom and Vietnam. CNN Brand entity used prior to October 2018. (June 2020 data is the most current available).
US Multi-Platform Visits
Users turned again to CNN in July 2020 in high numbers, with 161 million unique multiplatform visitors domestically, the fifth biggest month in CNN history behind only March – June 2020.
- CNN.com – 161 Million Multiplatform Unique Visitors in July 2020
- FoxNews.com – 112 million unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand – 105 million unique visitors
- WashingtonPost.com – 93 million unique visitors
- USAToday.com – 88 million unique visitors
- NBCNews.com – 86 million unique visitors
Source: Comscore Media Metrix® Multi-Platform, Custom-Defined List, Total Digital Audience – Desktop Persons 2+ and Total Mobile Persons 13+, July 2020, U.S. Based on CNN.com entity compared to a custom list of single brand competitors that are also in the News/Information Category. CNN Brand entity used prior to October 2018.
Ahead of the party conventions and the home stretch of the 2020 campaign, CNN Politics ranked again as the top political news destination in July 2020 with 72 million multi-platform unique visitors. CNN Politics has remained the #1 online political news outlet since June 2015 when the first person declared their candidacy for president in the 2016 race.
- CNN Politics – 72 Million Multi-platform Unique Visitors in July 2020
- TheHill.com – 48 million unique visitors
- Politico.com – 45 million unique visitors
- Fox News Politics – 27 million unique visitors
- NBCNews.com Politics – 22 million unique visitors
- MSNBC TV – 15 million unique visitors
Source: Comscore Media Metrix® Multi-Platform, News/Information – Politics, Total Digital Audience – Desktop 2+ and Total Mobile 13+, June 2020, U.S.; CNN Politics has been #1 in the competitive rank in multiplatform views since June 2015.